We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This week, we are going to take you on the best hiking and biking adventures in Florida.
Product and Location Mentions
- Florida Trail Association
- Grab and Go Hikes
- Office of Greenways and Trails
- Florida Coast to Coast Trail
- St. Johns River to Sea Loop
- Capital City To Sea Trail
- Bureau of Land Management
- Hiking Safety
- Other links to check out for ideas of hikes
Homeschool moment of the week…
Things to consider when hiking:
- Heat and Sunburn – and hydration
- Cold – hiking in Florida can be cold during the winter months. Consider hand warmers, layers.
- Wear reflective clothing and orange during hunting season
- Don’t hike alone
- Poison Ivy, oak, sumac, poisonwood, stinging nettle. Stay on the trail
- Thunderstorms – flash and bang are less than 30 seconds, immediately take cover, not under a tree, go for a ditch.
Show us the love…
Florida Travel Pod can be found on Facebook and Instagram @floridatravelpod and this is also the best place to comment with your favorite tips. Have you got any great summer camp tips or places to suggest? Comment ideas about any of the things we talked about. Make sure to check the show notes in your favorite podcast player or visit Floridatravelpod.com/blog for links and more details about everything you heard in today’s episode. Reach out to us on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can support the Florida Travel Pod by following us and leaving us a review on your favorite podcast player. This helps others discover our content.
If you enjoy our content, consider supporting us on Patreon. Choose to donate monthly or even a one-time donation. Go to Patreon.com/Florida travel pod. When you donate, our supporters will get shoutouts, postcards, stickers, and more depending on your level of support. Your support allows us to give you the best content from the Sunshine State.
Stay tuned next week as we talk about the holidays…theme park edition.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/floridatravelpod/creators)