We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s up this week?
This week is the beginning of a brand new season and we’re kicking it off with a most unexpected location, the delightful Deland, Florida!
Who loves us?
This week’s episode is sponsored by you! If you want to sponsor the Florida Travel Pod, reach out to us via email at email@example.com to learn how your business can be featured in this spot. We’ll write the ad copy for you or work with you to customize your ad copy for our audience. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Product and Locations Mentions
- 1. West Volusia – Stop into the visitors bureau in Deland. They’re a wealth of knowledge.
- 2. Blue Spring – Paddling, tubing, SCUBA, and swimming. (Please note that the park is undergoing a reconstruction project as of Sept 6, 2021.)
- 3. De Leon Springs – You must visit the Old Sugar Mill Restaraunt.
- 4. Skydive DeLand – Workd reknowned skydive destination.
- 5. Cassadaga – Location of the Southern Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp.
- 6. Barberville Pioneer Settlement – A non-profit historical village museum.
- 7. Stetson University and Stetson Mansion – nationally ranked university founded in 1883, with four colleges and schools located across central Florida.
- 8. Lyonia Environmental Center and Scrub-Jay Habitat – Exhibits focused on nature & conservation along with an outdoor amphitheater & educational programs.
- 9. Wings of the West – The downtown wings mural, located on Historic Downtown DeLand’s Persimmon Lane.
- 10. Historic Murals – In downtown DeLand, historic murals depict different eras through the town’s history and settlement. While some are easy to find on the main streets, take a look at the Historic Mural and Plaque walk to find more about the town’s history.
- 11. Downtown DeLand’s Miniature Art Adventure – Be sure to stop by the West Volusia visitor’s center and pick up a self-guided tour of the miniature art adventure.
- 12. Chess Park – Chess Park offers chess tables for anyone’s enjoyment.
- 13. Persimmon Hollow – Now sold throughout Florida, Persimmon Hollow started in the Artisan Alley of downtown DeLand.
- 14. Hyderhead Brewery – Hyderhead is a family establishment that traces its true Scottish roots back to moonshine escapades in the Highlights.
- 15. The Abbey Bar and Odd Elixir Meadworks – Mead is the oldest fermented beverage in history, made from honey. Odd Elixir uses local honey in their meads. It is light, flavorful, and extraordinarily refreshing.
- 16. Trilogy Coffee – This charming coffee house specializes in small-batch coffee, roasting their beans daily. They offer traditional coffee and pour-overs as well as craft coffees and beverages.
- 17. Boston Coffee House welcomes you into what appears to be a historic Boston Colonial brick establishment.
- 18. The Artisan Lounge – While not a brewery of coffee or beer, the Artisan Lounge has a fantastic hotel lounge atmosphere.
Florida Product of the Week
This week’s Featured product is
Kermit’s Key West Key Lime Shoppe may have Key Wet in the name, but did you know that Kermit’s Key West Key Lime Pies are made in Deland? There’s simply not enough room to bake and ship those delicious pies from Key West. And yes, they ship pies! You can find all their amazing Key Lime products at https://www.keylimeshop.com/ .
You May Also Like
Show us the love!
-Leave a comment or review on your favorite podcast player.
-Support us on Patreon. If you support us, it allows us to dedicate more time to research the best content from the Sunshine State.
-Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @floridatravelpod or floridatravelpod.com where we are sharing our most recent travels.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/floridatravelpod/creators)