We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s up this week?
This week, we continue our visit to the west in Clearwater.
Who loves us?
This week’s episode is sponsored by you! Do you own a business or sell a product? Do you want to sponsor the Florida Travel Pod? Reach out to us via email at email@example.com to learn how your business can be featured in this spot. We’ll write the ad copy for you or work with you to customize your ad copy for our audience. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Product and Locations Mentions
- Indian Rocks Beach The legend of Indian Rocks Beach says that the beach got its name when a native medicine man miraculously healed his chief with the waters from a natural sulfur spring believed to have been located in Kolb Park which is located just across from Indian Rocks Beach City Hall. Early settlers seeing the Indians on their way to the “rock encircled spring” would say, “The Indians are on their way to the rocks.”
- Dunedin Known a the Home of Honeymoon Island
- Gulfport This little secret of a town is located toward the south end of St. Pete/Clearwater. There is much to discover.
- Pier 60 This entertaining spot is full of fishing, entertainment, and even playgrounds.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium Home of Winter the Dolphin.
- Clearwater Baithouse Dockside tackle shop doubling as a restaurant.
- Frenchy’s Rockaway Grill Open-air dining and fresh fish.
- Columbia Restaurant 5 generations of history, culture, and fine cuisine.
- Grouper Sandwich A sandwich is just a sandwich until it’s a grouper sandwich.
- Starlite Cruises Choose from a wide variety of cruises all around Clearwater.
- Clearwater Historic Society You can never have enough history and culture when visiting a city.
- The Cigar City Concours d’Elegance Car Show Classic, Antique, Exotic & Special Interest automobile event.
Florida Product of the Week
Big Storm Brewery with newly built 3,500 sq ft outdoor patio, fully equipped with 19 TVs and an outdoor bar. Find some amazing Florida craft beer.
Homeschool moment of the week
The sparkling quartz crystal that covers the beach came from the Appalachian Mountains washed into the rivers that lead to the Gulf of Mexico and were swept onto the shores of Clearwater Beach giving it the beautiful, white sandy beach that exists there.
You May Also Like
Show us the love!
Where to Find Florida Travel Pod
Florida Travel Pod can be found on Facebook and Instagram @floridatravelpod and this is also the best place to comment with your favorite tips (insert prompt here) and ideas about any of the things we talked about. Make sure to check the show notes in your favorite podcast player or visit Floridatravelpod.com/blog for links and more details about everything you heard in today’s episode. Reach out to us on email at email@example.com.
You can support the Florida Travel Pod by following us and leaving us a review on your favorite podcast player. This helps others discover our content.
If you enjoy our content, consider supporting us on Patreon. Choose to donate monthly or even a one time donation. Go to Patreon.com/Florida travel pod. When you donate, our supporters will get shoutouts, postcards, stickers, and more depending on your level of support. We may even have some surprises along the way. Your support allows us to give you the best content from the Sunshine State.