We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s up this week?
This week we are talking all about spring and summer festivals. We love our festivals here in Florida There are so many to choose from. You can find a festival just about any weekend in any month of the year. Pick a Florida city and find a Florida festival. Whether you are looking for food, fun, adventure, or anything in between, Florida has all the best spring and summer festivals.
Who loves us?
AXA Travel Insurance
Axa Travel insurance is the #1 travel Insurance brand for 10 consecutive years. We’ve mentioned how important travel insurance is. Travel insurance is not just for flights overseas. You can use travel insurance domestically to help with baggage loss, cancellations, trip interruptions, emergency medical or evacuations and so much more. You can get your no-obligation quote by visiting Floridatravelpod.com/axa.
Product and Locations Mentions
Multiple Date Festivals
- October 25th – Bands on the Beach is in Pensacola, Fl. This festival is Pensacola Beach’s popular outdoor summer concert series. It is Bands on the Beach, features a lineup of performers sure to please every musical taste. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy a lineup of regional performers.
- Jax River Jams – Free Concerts at the Riverfront Plaza with a lineup including Sister Hazel, Boys II Men, Spin Doctors, and Carly Pearce.
- April 22 – Earth Day Festivals
- Henderson Beach in Destin
- April 9th – Can You Dig it at the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville.
- Dig into geology and discover the Earth at your feet! Enjoy hands-on activities, both inside and outside the Museum, and watch demonstrations of volcanic eruptions. Explore the Museum and check out displays and activities on geology, fossils, gems, minerals and much more from Florida and around the world!
- April 9 – Sopchoppy (south of Tallahassee)
- Annual Worm Gruntin Festival This is surely an event that you have never seen before. Pay tribute to the local folks who made their living gruntin’ worms at Sopchoppy’s annual Worm Gruntin’ Festival.
- Sunfest, West Palm Beach, April 28 – May 1, 2022
- With a stunning waterfront view along Flagler Drive, this major music festival offers three stages, 50 bands and lots of activities beyond musical performances.
- Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival, Fernandina Beach April 29-May 1
- Complete with a 5K and decorated shrimp boats, this shrimp festival is laden with rooted local history.
- Enjoy food, arts and crafts, live music, antiques, and more.
- May 7 – Festival of Speed Ocala
- Weekend events offer guests the opportunity to sample and explore the wide variety of exceptional products and services. Events include Luxury Lifestyle Jetport Receptions, Wine Connoisseurs dinners, Yacht Displays, Ride & Drive experiences, Fine Art & Jewelry displays, and more.
- Tupelo Honey Festival May 21
- Lake Alice in Wewahitchka, located in the Panhandle an hour east of Panama City Beach), people come from all over the world to the small community of Wewahitchka, Florida each spring to taste and take home this locally grown rare, delicious delicacy.
- The 70th Annual Florida Folk Festival is scheduled for May 27, 28, and 29, 2022, at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park
- One of the oldest and most revered folk festivals in America.
- Blue Angels show in Pensacola July 6-9
- Pensacola Bay is home to the Blue Angels.
- There is a thrill and excitement behind the Blue Angels that just has to be seen.
- Florida Keys’ Underwater Music Festival 2022
- Saturday after July 4
- The concert is held at Looe Key Reef which is a part of the world’s third-largest and North America’s only living coral reef.
Florida Product of the Week
This week’s featured product is Form Function Form.
These leather apple watch bands have been designed for the working person. Having the button closure up near the top of the watch band means that when you’re working at your laptop, your clasp isn’t bumping against the laptop.
Form Function Form is Constantly Designing & Making in Orlando with Premium Horween Leathers.
Show us the love
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @floridatravelpod where we are sharing our most recent travels. Have you experienced something we haven’t talked about? You can comment with your favorite tips and ideas about any of the things we talked about.
Or reach out to us by email at email@example.com.
You can support the Florida Travel Pod by following us or leaving a review on your favorite podcast player. This helps others discover our content.
If you enjoy our content, consider supporting us on Patreon. Go to Patreon.com/Florida travel pod to get shoutouts, postcards, stickers, and more. If you support us, it allows us to dedicate more time to researching the best content from the Sunshine State.