We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s up this week?
This week we are visiting the hometown of our host, Christina! Hear all about her old stomping ground and get some old Florida experiences. Florida has an amazing history and this road trip series dives into the best of old Florida.
Who loves us?
Bookshop is an online bookstore that allows you to shop both your local bookstore or bookshops across the country. We use Bookshop to compile our favorite road trip resources, fun beach reads, or classic favorites. It’s easy to use and each purchase supports the bookstore you choose. Or if you don’t choose a bookstore, proceeds are divided among hundreds of bookstores across the county. Visit Floridatravelpod.com/bookshop to see our must-read lists and start shopping local today.
Product and Locations Mentions
- Homosassa State Park – Visit with manatees and see Florida’s wild side!
- Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park – Visit a real sugar plantation dripping with Florida history.
- Weeki Wachee – Old Florida at its best. Where else can you see live mermaids and birds of pray with a water park just a few paces away. Rent a Kayak and take a cruise down the Weeki Wachee River.
- Pepto Bismal Pink Dinosaur – YES! It’s real!
- Nature Coast Botanical Garden -Get away from it all while remaining right in the middle of it all. You will want a Tour request form to get the best experience.
- Hudson, FL – This unexpected small beach town will charm you. You should definitely experience fishing on the Gulf of Mexico with Hudson Charter Co.
- Howard Park – Find out why, if your friend jumps off the bridge, you might want to read the sign.
- Tarpon Springs – Engrossed in rich, Greek history, Tarpon Springs is known as the sponge capital of the world.
- Sponge Docks – Sponge shops, Greek food, and shops galore, the Sponge Docks are a top visit for Florida.
- Safford House – Get a little history in on this road trip with this little secret.
- Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral – Experience prayer hour and get completely immersed in the experience.
- Dolphin adventure, sunset, cruise, and Island sightseeing cruises – Dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, and sunsets! Name something better.
- Tarpon Historic District – There is more to Tarpon Springs than just Greek food!
Florida Product of the Week
This week’s product sounds like the perfect road trip snack. Grimaldi Candy Company has been offering the finest gourmet chocolates in the country including our famous and the original “Chips ‘N Chocolate” chocolate-covered potato chips. They also offer chocolate-covered citrus strips. Order online at Grimaldicandies.com or if you visit one of their Space Coast locations, you can get a tour.
You May Also Like
Show us the love!
Florida Travel Pod can be found on Facebook and Instagram @floridatravelpod and this is also the best place to comment with your favorite tips. Have you got any great road trips to suggest? Comment ideas about any of the things we talked about. Make sure to check the show notes in your favorite podcast player or visit Floridatravelpod.com/blog for links and more details about everything you heard in today’s episode. Reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can support the Florida Travel Pod by following us and leaving us a review on your favorite podcast player. This helps others discover our content.
If you enjoy our content, consider supporting us on Patreon. Choose to donate monthly or even a one-time donation. Go to Patreon.com/Florida travel pod. When you donate, our supporters will get shoutouts, postcards, stickers, and more depending on your level of support. Your support allows us to give you the best content from the Sunshine State.