We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. At no extra cost to you, I only recommend products I have experience with. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s up this week?
You will not be short of best activities to do this holiday season in Florida. It is the best time of year for weather down here and we know how to do holiday fun. Join us this week as we give you some of the best Christmas in Florida things to do and places to see.
Who loves us?
Well, we hope YOU do! This week’s episode is sponsored by you! If you want to sponsor the Florida Travel Pod, reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how your business can be featured in this spot. We’ll write the ad copy for you or work with you to customize your ad copy for our audience. Email us at email@example.com to get started.
Product and Locations Mentions
- Gaylord Palms – Have you ever been snow tubing? Do you love gingerbread decorating? There’s so much Christmas to be had at Gaylord. Be etnertained with Christmas acrobats and you can even find Buddy the Elf!
- Give Kids the World Night of a Million LIghts is exactly what it sounds like. Take a walk through dazzling display of over 3 million lights.
- Enchanted Christmas in St. Pete Visit the Village of Lights and ice skate through a forest of Christmas lights.
- Night of Lights in St. Augustine Take a trolley tour of lights throughout St. Augustine. Buy your Trolley Tickets here. Prices are for the entire row.
- See the Gingerbread Extravaganza at Old St. Andrews Church in Jax. The event includes the traditional exhibit at Old St. Andrew’s Church as well as a holiday gift shop, bake shop, silent auction and an online contest to vote for your favorite display.
- Asian Lantern Festival at Central Florida Zoo The zoo is lit up with the culture of Asian lanterns coupled with zoo exhibits.
- Boat Parades are all over Florida so be sure to check your local areas. If you have water nearby, you will likely find a lighted Christmas boast parade.
- Pensacola Winterfest Ranked by Florida Travel + Life as one of the top holiday events in the state, Pensacola Winterfest’s celebration features more than 400,000 dazzling white lights. Visit and talk with Santa and play Reindeer Games. There is tons more to do there, but I guess you’ll have to listen to learn!
- German Christmas Market – Lake Worth Fl, American German Club
- Wait! It doesn’t snow in Florida! Acually, it does! Visit Celebration, FL. The main event is the Nightly Snowfall. ‘Snoap’ is blasted out of the street lanterns high into the sky before fluttering back down to land gently on Market Street.
- A synthetic ice rink in Market Street, ice skates for rent, perhaps even some Christmas cheer, all combine to present a seriously fun experience. Open from 4pm – 10pm daily.
- The Nutcracker
- Carols by Candlelight in Naples
- You can check your area theaters, both live and screen, for Christmas movies and watch along parties. https://www.gardentheatre.org/movies/
- Sandi Land West Palm Beach – Sand castle christmas display. Could not find up to date info
- Christmas, Florida Is it as Merry as it sounds?
- Daytona Beach – Christmas at the beach? Yes, please. Drive thru a dazzling Christmas lights spectacle made up your your favorite holiday scenes and characters.
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland Village in Waterford Lakes Town Center in Orlando. Here you can visit Santa’s Workshop, delight in all the holiday foods, amusement rides, and thousands of Christmas lights and holiday displays.
Not mentioned in the show, but extra stuff we found for things to do in Florida at Christams
- Dickens on Centre – Inspired by Charles Dickens’ novella, “A Christmas Carol,” Dickens on Centre transforms downtown Fernandina into a classic English village lit by the warm glow of festive holiday lights and colorful decorations.
Florida Product of the Week
This week’s Featured product is Caloosa Wear. They’re an old favorite of ours. They believe life is better on the water. Each holiday season they have a cute collection of holiday clothes. Check the out and wear your best Florida.